Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday Monday

Hel-lo migraine.

The worst part: it was my own fault.

I haven't had a migraine this bad in three-ish months, and in this house that's amazing. I will even go so far as to say I haven't really had one at all for 2-3 months. We went processed foods/sugars/gluten free awhile back and lo and behold, the migraines disappeared! Side note, so did that pesky ten pounds. We tried the dairy free thing too, but since the other person that lives in this house would drink two gallons of milk a week by himself if allowed it proved to be impossible.

Sadly, the past few weeks (since D came home from China) was the start up of the fall semester of stuff at church and school for Derek, as well as more hours/longer days for both of us and a new work schedule for me. Needless to say, it's been a slow moving train wreck that finally crashed and burned this week. Say what you want about processed foods, but they definitely are faster and easier to make (or, in some cases, order). 

So...the majority of yesterday and today I spent in bed, with the exception of a wedding we had to go to last night. Wedding receptions and migraines are not a good mix, in case you were wondering. If anything this a) reinforces the fact that you are what you eat and b) makes me want to start from scratch to feel better again! 

Adorbs

For those of you who suffer from migraines, you probably can relate that when it finally leaves your system, you want to make up for all the lost time you spent waiting in bed for the meds to (never) kick in by running around like a crazy person accomplishing 24 hours of stuff in 2.

Which brings me to now. No worries, the woe is me part of this post is over. I think. 

In keeping with the fact that we are going to be starting up our healthy eating habits again, I decided that tonight would be The Last Meal of Goodness. Nothing says anti-diet like Italian food! It was a veritable feast. 

Then since I was on a roll, I decided to make S'mores bars for D's work crew. Mondays are the monkey butt of the week, and who doesn't need a pick-me-up on Monday? 

By the way, many of his team were at the wedding last night. Random poll-does anyone have any idea what it is like to be the only non-engineer at a table of eight? I will give you a hint: at least it was an open bar. Just kidding Drod. It was fun! Especially when you all tried to figure out the btus involved in melting frosting over the flame from the centerpiece. 

Which brings me to the s'mores bars. Burning frosting smells like toasted marshmallows apparently, or at least this kind did. Plus I had all the ingredients so I thought I'd give it a try!

I'm happy with them. Anytime a dessert turns out edible if not pretty, I am happy.  

To summarize, eating plan is back on, and we are running on a sugar and carb high right now. Here's hoping things will be back on track again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment